Sunday, February 19, 2012

In Which I am Bad at Blogging but Good at Nerdfighting

So what have I been up to over the past month? Well:

http://tfioshomes.tumblr.com/post/16220787329/cai-young-submitted-first-thing-i-did-after

Also, you know, school.

But back to the The Fault in our Stars (which I frequently mistype as the Fault in our Stairs which would, I'm guessing, be an entirely different novel). It was amazing, stick in your head, screw with your head amazing. John Green was at his absolute best, and I can only hope that one day I will be half the writer he is.

I finished tfios at 3 in the morning, and I wasn't sure if my red eyes ached from staying up or from sobbing. I couldn't fall asleep after. I just kept thinking.

You see, I'm terrified of death. I always have been. Ever since I was little the idea of dying would give me panic attacks. The idea that one day I will die, that I will stop existing, that I won't feel anything again, terrifies me.

It would be easier to deal with if I thought there was something after, but I don't know what I believe. It's easier not to think about it most of the time.

The Fault in our Stars made me think. And cry. And imagine.

And that is the best things books can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment